[Skip to content]



Person Details
Radford, Nottingham
Harry Hawthorne was the son of Henry [Harry] Hawthorne and Mary [Ann] Storer who married at Nottingham in 1895. Harry and his parents can be found in the 1901 census residing at 65 Kennington Road, Radford. This same address was given in the Radford St Peter’s Church registers when Harry was christened on 12 February 1897. By 1911 Harry was living with his grandparents, George and Maria Hawthorne, at 45 Kennington Road, Radford. There is no sign of parents elsewhere in the census and no evidence of their deaths before or after this date. They may have emigrated leaving Harry with his grandparents. There was a second grandchild, Mabel (b.1904) living with George and Maria. It is not clear whether this was Harry’s sister or merely a cousin. Although Harry Hawthorne enlisted at Nottingham he was stated in the SDGW to live in Southport, Lancashire.
Employed as apprentice wheel maker at cycle manufacturer.
17 Jun 1917
21
304680 - CWGC Website
265827
Private
1/7th Bn Sherwood Foresters (Notts & Derby Regiment)
Enlisted in Nottingham; died from his wounds; his body was buried in the Fosse No.10 Communal Cemetery Extension, Sains-en-Gohelle, Pas de Calais, France.
Remembered on