[Skip to content]



UKNIWM Ref - WMA recording form completed 15 December 2011

Westwood United Reformed Church, Palmerston Street, Westwood NG16 5JA. Westwood Congregational Church joined the URC c1972. There have been two Congregational Churches on this site, the second being built in 1867 and demolished in the 1980s. A new church and community centre was built on the same site and the church was rededicated on 6 December 1986. The memorial was installed on the west wall of the church. The dedication on the memorial reads: 'This tablet was erected in memory of (names) who lost their lives in the Great War 1914-1918. Greater love hath no man.'

Memorial location
Names on Memorial

R Jones - Reginald Francis Jones

J Morley - Joseph Morley

W Rawson - William Rawson

W Skinner - James William Henry Skinner

Photos
  • Photo David Nunn -
  • Photograph Rachel Farrand (December 2011)
    Westwood Congregational Church - Photograph Rachel Farrand (December 2011)