[Skip to content]



Ranby - memorial cross - St Martin's Church

Photo taken by Peter Gillings

UKNIWM Ref - 27061

Memorial cross at St Martin's Church, Ranby - built into churchyard wall; unveiled 15th December 1920 by Mr W.H. Mason J.P. (of Morton Hall), dedication by Rev. R.D. Foster, Rural Dean of Retford, designed by Charles Spooner (of London), paid for by Mr W.H. Mason J.P.; when the cross was erected, Ranby had a wooden chapel - this was replaced with the present building in 1960, so the wall, steps and memorial pre-date the church Historic information source(s): Retford Times, 24th December 1920 & 31st December 1920

Memorial location
Names on Memorial

Leo Vincent Anderson - Leo Vincent Anderson

Vincent Barron Kay - Vincent Barron Kay

James Nicholson - James Nicholson

Joseph Peatfield - Joseph Peatfield

Photos
  • Photo taken by Peter Gillings
    Ranby - memorial cross - St Martin's Church - Photo taken by Peter Gillings
  • Photo taken by Peter Gillings
    Ranby - memorial cross - St Martin's Church - Photo taken by Peter Gillings
  • Close up showing names of the fallen 
Photo taken by Peter Gillings
    Ranby - memorial cross - St martin's Church - Close up showing names of the fallen Photo taken by Peter Gillings