[Skip to content]

UKNIWM Ref - 18335

The memorial, a gritstone cross about fifteen feet high, designed by CE Ponting, is at the eastern corner of the churchyard. The inscription reads, 'To the memory of the fallen in the Great War, 1914-1918. Their name liveth for evermore.' A bronze tablet on the plinth gives the names of those who died, listed by year of death. The memorial was unveiled and dedicated on Sunday, 27 June 1920 by the Archdeacon of Nottingham. A plaque bearing the names of four parishioners who died in the Second World War has been added to the memorial. There is a short history of the memorial in, 'Life in East Bridgford: The Twentieth Century', East Bridgford Local History Group, published by Technical Print Services Ltd, 2003 (ISBN 0 9539546 1 7)

Memorial location
Names on Memorial

Urban U Blagg - Urban Blagg

Charles Hugh CH Brambley - Charles Hugh Brambley

Horace Edward HE Cloxton - Horace Edward Cloxton

William W Cooper - William Cooper

Albert A Ellis - Albert Ellis

Percy H PH Forrest - Percy Huskinson Forrest

Alfred Henry AH Green - Alfred Henry Green

William HM H Guy - William Henry Manchester Guy

Harold Augustus HA Hodges - Harold Augustus Hodges

John Frederick JF Hunt - John Frederick Hunt

William W Kirkham - William Kirkham

Walter W Pacey - Walter Pacey

William Bernard WB Peatman - William Bernard Peatman

George Moss GM Pepper - George Moss Pepper

Herbert H Richards - Herbert Richards

Cecil Beaumont CB Robinson - Cecil Beaumont Robinson

John J Rudkin - John Rudkin

Bernard George BG Simpkin - Bernard George Simpkin

Sydney John SJ Taylor - Sydney John Taylor

John H JH Upton - John Henry Upton

Alfred A Watson - Alfred Watson

George GM Wilkinson - George Wilkinson

  • East Bridgford St Peters Church Memorial -
  • Names
    East Bridgford St Peters Church Memorial - Names
  • Names
    East Bridgford St Peters Church Memorial - Names