[Skip to content]



Memorial is obelisk-type, unveiled by Brigadier General Sir Joseph Laycock K.C.M.G. D.S.O. (of Wiseton Hall) on 27th January 1921, dedication by Rev. D.T. Rees (Vicar of North Leverton), designed and built by Sharpe & Hoggard (of Retford) Historic information source(s): Retford Times, 28th January 1921. Research by Peter Gillings

Memorial location
Names on Memorial

TR Chappell - Thomas Robert Chappell

E Holmes - Ernest Holmes

WB Mellors - Walter Baker Mellars

GH Peacock - George Henry Peacock

F Sharpe - Fred Sharpe

CJ Smith - Clarence John Smith

G Staniland - George Staniland

Photos
  • Photo Peter Gillings -
  • Photo Peter Gillings -
  • Photo Peter Gillings -