[Skip to content]



Nottingham (New Basford) - St Augustine's Choir

Photograph Rachel Farrand (August 2009)

UKNIWM Ref - 48931

St Augustine's church, built in 1859 for the ecclesiastical district of New Basford which was formed in 1847, was closed and demolished in 1989. The framed photographs of men from the choir who served in the war was bought by a member of the public at either an auction or a car boot sale. The memorial was offered to St Leodegarius parish church, New Basford, which had accepted St Augustine's parish war memorial (WMA27338), in 2009. Of the ten men from choir who served in the war eight survived: E Searson, P Townsend, T Hope, CF Astill, WG Richardson, W Wood, G Carline and GC Greenfield.

Memorial location
Names on Memorial

LC Mayfield - Leonard Augustus Mayfield

HF Stevenson - Herbert Francis Stevenson

Photos
  • Photograph Rachel Farrand (August 2009)
    Basford St Augustine - Choir - Photograph Rachel Farrand (August 2009)