[Skip to content]



Primitive Methodist Canaan Chapel Broad Marsh Nottingham

Methodist, Nottingham South Circuit. Initially the chapel was in Broad Marsh, Turncalf Alley, later called Canaan Street. In 1883 the old building was converted to a Sunday School and a new chapel was built adjacent to the Sunday School. The buildings were bombed in both World Wars. The last service was held on 27 June 1948 after which the building was sold to the City Education Committee. The building was destroyed by fire while it was being used for an exhibition to celebrate the quicentenary of the city. Nottinghamshire Archives, NC MR 15, Archives introduction.

Memorial location
Names on Memorial

William Cliff - William Cliff

Leonard Coupland - Leonard Coupland

Thomas Gardner - Thomas Proctor Gardner

Harry Hart - Harry Hart

Leslie Herrod - Leslie Ewart Herrod

Albert Hoffen - Albert Edward Hoffen

Fred Holmes - Fred Holmes

George Holmes - George Holmes

Henry Holmes - Henry Holmes

Thomas Ibbett - Joseph Thomas Ibbett

Charles E King - Charles Ernest King

Williams Marr - William Francis Shadlock Marr

Ernest Peach - Ernest James Peach

Morris S Scrivener - Morris Samuel Scrivener

Frank Smith - Frank Smith

Henry Terry - Henry Terry

Robert Wade - Robert George Wade