[Skip to content]



St Martin's Church Sherwood Nottingham, World War Two

St Martin's Church Sherwood World War Two memorial

St Martin's Church is a Grade II listed Church of England parish church in Sherwood, Nottingham. It was first opened in 1937 to the design of Edward Heazell in the Byzantine style. The church was consecrated by the Bishop of Southwell Re Revd Henry Mosley on 6 February 1937. The consecration of the church was overshadowed by the death of the verger and his wife. Mrs Bradley died on Saturday 6 February 1937, and Mr John Bradley died the day afterwards. (Wikipedia)

Memorial location
Names on Memorial

Peter Abbott - Peter John Abbott

Dennis Appleby - Dennis Appleby

Constance Carter - Constance Carter

Maurice Cooper - Maurice Cooper

Richard Goldston - Richard Goldston

Anthony Keeton - Anthony Keeton

Richard Mason - Richard Mason

Leslie Mitchell - Leslie Mitchell

Owen Rickard - Owen Rickard

Roland Severn - Roland Severn

Harry Smith - Harry Smith

Photos
  • St Martin's Church Sherwood World War Two memorial
    Photo David Nunn - St Martin's Church Sherwood World War Two memorial