[Skip to content]



  • Buried in Nottingham General Cemetery.
Photo by Murray Biddle
Person Details
Nottingham
Frederick McAlonan was born in 1892 and was the son of William a soap and curtain dealer and Alice McAlonan née Carline of 82, Gordon Rd Nottingham. His father William McAlonan was born in 1861 at Antrim, Ireland and his mother Alice Ann Carline was born in 1865 in Disley, Chesire, they were married in 1884 at Ashton Under Lyne and went on to have the following children, Gertrude b1889 Droylsden, Lancashire, William b1890 Sheffield, Frederick b1892 Nottingham and Alice b1904 Nottingham. In the 1911 census the family are living at 82 Gordon Road, Nottingham and are shown as William 50 yrs a soap and curtain dealer, he is living with his wife Alice Ann 46 yrs and their children, Gertrude 22 yrs a blouse maker, William 21 yrs a hosiery warehouse man, Frederick 19 yrs a hosiery warehouse man and Alice 7 yrs. Frederick Married his wife Lily Catherine Bevan at Lewisham in 1919. His probate proven on 14th May 19120 at Nottingham shows him as Frederick McAlonan of 82 Gordon Road, Nottingham, hosiery warehouse man clerk, died on 18th April 1920 at City Isolation Hospital, Bagthorpe, Nottingham, his effects of £148 10 shillings were left to Lily Catherine McAlonan widow.
He was a hosiery warehouse man clerk
18 Mar 1920
28
2750498 - CWGC Website
266761
Private
7th Bn Sherwood Foresters (Notts & Derby Regiment)
Private Frederick McAlonan enlisted on 23 November 1915 at Nottingham aged 21 yrs and 11 months his occupation was stated as a clerk. He was discharged 10 March 1919 aged 25 yrs . He had pulmonary tuberculosis attributed to active service and was awarded a Silver War Badge no B234958. He died on 18th April 1920 at the City Isolation Hospital, Bagthorpe and is buried at Nottingham General Cemetery (grave ref 03473)
Date of death on memorial: 18 April 1920 and confirmed in his probate report.
Remembered on

Photos

  • Buried in Nottingham General Cemetery.
Photo by Murray Biddle
    Frederick McAlonan - Buried in Nottingham General Cemetery. Photo by Murray Biddle