[Skip to content]



This stained glass window gives the names of the three men from South Leverton who fell during the Great War.
Photo taken by Peter Gillings

UKNIWM Ref - 27075

Stained glass window. Dedication: ''For all the saints who from their labours rest. Gloria in Excelsis Deo. Thy name O Jesu be forever blest. Alleluia. Alleluia. To the glory of God & in memory of Arthur Fdk. Clarke: Ernest Hewitt: Fred Smith MM & Br who gave their lives for their country in the Great War 1914-1918 this window is erected by the parishioners.' The Memorial Hall, Town Street, South Leverton, was erected in memory of those who had served and who had died in the Great War. The cost of the land (£75), was given by Mr FS Glover and the hall was built by Mr G Hurst at a cost of £153.14s. The memorial hall was opened on 28 September 1921 by Sir Ellis Hume-Williams Kemp. The deeds for the hall dated 31 January 1920 are held in Nottinghamshire Archives.

Memorial location
Names on Memorial

Arthur Frederick Clarke - Arthur Frederick Clarke

Ernest Hewitt - Ernest Hewitt

Fred' Charles Henry Smith - Fred' Charles Henry Smith

Photos
  • This stained glass window gives the names of the three men from South Leverton who fell during the Great War.
Photo taken by Peter Gillings
    South Leverton stained glass window All Saints Church - This stained glass window gives the names of the three men from South Leverton who fell during the Great War. Photo taken by Peter Gillings
  • A close view showing the names of the fallen 
Photo by Peter Gillings
    South Leverton stained glass window - All Saints Church - A close view showing the names of the fallen Photo by Peter Gillings
  • Photo taken by Peter Gillings
    South Leverton - All Saints Church - Photo taken by Peter Gillings