[Skip to content]



UKNIWM Ref - 68055

Located on Brookside opposite St Mary's Church East Leake. The memorial and ROH (grounds of East Leake Baptist Church) were both unveiled and dedicated on Whit Monday, 24 May 1920. Major George Coke Robinson of Widmerpool Hall unveiled the memorial and ROH and the rector of St Mary's and the ministers of the Baptist and Methodist churches officiated. The sculptor Ernest Gillick (1874-1951), brother in law of George Tutin, a member of the war memorial committee whose son Lt Guy Luntley Tutin, Sherwood Foresters, had died in 1919, designed the memorial and superintended its installation 'as his subscription to the war memorial'. Masons: Pask and Thorpe Monumental and Architectural Mason of Castle Boulevard, Nottingham. Sydney J Newman of West Dulwich, London, inscribed the names on the memorial. The memorial and ROH cost £382 6s 8d. (Source: war memorial committee minutes, Nottinghamshire Archives)

Memorial location
Names on Memorial

W Crowson - Walter Crowson

G Doughty - George William Doughty

A Dring - Arthur Dring

W Dring - Joseph William Dring

F Goodacre - Frederick Goodacre

S Goodacre - Samuel Edward Goodacre

TA Goodman - Thomas Aubrey Goodman

A Hallam - Arthur Hallam

F Hogg - Fred Hogg

S Jackson - Shadrach Jackson

W Jackson - William Jackson

E Jackson - Edward Jackson

LH Jackson - Lewis Henry Jackson

A Lindon - Alfred Lindon

MW Mills - Mark William Mills

H Padgett - Herbert Padgett

S Pepper - Sidney Pepper

F Pidcock - Frank Wright Pidcock

S Reid - Solomon Reid

TS Roadley - Thomas Stanley Roadley

W Statham - William Statham

GL Tutin - Guy Luntley Tutin

H Whitby - Herbert Arthur Whitby

Photos
  • Photo Murray Biddle -
  • East Leake Memorial Cross - Names on Memorial
    Photo Murray Biddle - East Leake Memorial Cross - Names on Memorial
  • East Leake Memorial Cross - Names on Memorial
    Photo Murray Biddle - East Leake Memorial Cross - Names on Memorial