[Skip to content]



Worksop - United Methodist Ebenezer Chapel

The chapel was built in 1837 on Potter Street Worksop. This memorial is currently housed at the Bassetlaw Museum. which is run by Bassetlaw District Council. The authority is responsible for North Nottinghamshire, and includes the two market towns of Retford and Worksop. The museum is situated in Retford town centre in Amcott House, an 18th century town house which retains many of its original features. An art gallery was built in 1994, partly financed by the Percy Laws Memorial Fund of the Rotary Club of Retford. Research by Robert Ilett

Memorial location
Names on Memorial

G W Bird - George William Bird

G H Blow - George Henry Blow

W Ecclestone - William Alfred Eccleston

G E Forman - George Edwin Foreman

J C Green - John Clifford Green

D Hardcastle - Douglas Scott Hardcastle

E Layhe - Ernest Layhe

L R Milner - Leonard Roy Milner

W Otter - Wensley Scott Otter

A Slatter - James Albert Slatter

Photos
  • Courtesy of Robert Ilett -
  • Courtesy of Robert Ilett -
  • Courtesy of Robert Ilett -